Recognition of Christ's glorification in our weakness.

The past couple of weeks have brought a familiar passages to mind and in my study:
"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body" (Rom. 8:18-23).
Oh, how I wish to be delivered from the body of this death..to rid myself of pride, bitterness, anger, laziness, lust, improper motives, selfishness, and numerous other vices. But the more I want to be delivered, I see my focus inclining on how I can fix or better my situation while losing focus on the only one who gives proper perspective. Why am I put in this flesh when all my spirit wants is to be with Him? My body almost seems to literally groan within me to be free. So, as Paul puts it or suffering is to evoke greater passion for God and the glory which will be revealed at some preordained date not for me to reflect on the actual glorification in me, but for the all-satisfying source to be glorified even more.

As well in 2 Corinthians, Paul receiving direct revelation of the Spirit (and for our further edification) was brought to the astonishing realization in chapter 12 about suffering (whether physical or other). In verses 9:10, God tells Paul " ' My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reporaches, in needs, in persectuions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." I've been struggling with this and I even quoted it a few times this week when people approached me about something I've been physically dealing with recently. Did I believe it though? That my weakness is meant to further exalt my Creator and sustainer. To my chagrin, I can not say that was my reasoning. It was to cause others feel pity or to make my struggle/infirmity seem less drastic to myself. After further reflection today and humiliation over my selfishness, I can truly sat that He is further exalted by every ounce of weakness in me because it pronounces to all that He is worthy to be trusted in. So, when a struggle is brought, there is no greater realization than Christ's greater magnification through our utter dependency on Him.