Hath been nine fortnights

Hath been nine fortnights last I bloggeth with earnest anticipation to return with undeniable fervor and stalwart determination.
So in an effort to display my newly found tenacity, I commit (as often has been done before) to make this digital diary meaningful by posting consistently. The difference will be in the motivation. In past years, I've blogged for self-serving reasons such as padding my ego, keeping others updated on my life (however uninteresting), boosting my view #s, or guilt over months of not blogging.
I know I'm quoting myself, but I have a point if my about is true:

"My life is not my own, but meant to resonate the God who through His sovereignty created me, by His ardent love sent the Living Word to rescue heathens like me from deserving wrath, and with His indelible mercy restores in me what sin destroyed to refract the glory of the Almighty by the power of His Spirit."

then i have a lot of work to do. If God's grace is evident, He must be made much of in my life. So as I brood over the benevolence (hence the new title) of my great God and Savior and Spirit, those evidences of His grace must be made much of and this happens to be one of the possible ways I've chosen to do such brooding.
As I was contemplating a new title/direction, the word "brood" came up in my thesaurus with such pulchritudinous descriptions: "chafe inwardly", "consider", "daydream", "dwell upon", "muse", "ponder", "ruminate", "stew over", "sweat over", "languish", "anguish over", and my favorite "eat one's heart out". As these words sum up my current rediscovery and inspection of Scripture and God, I hope and pray for grace to illumine my eyes and guide my fingertips as they chronicle evidences of benevolence (common & special) in and around my life.

I leave you with a verse & a hymn that I've been stewing over recently. In an institute course at my church, we've been studying John Piper's "Whey We Believe The Bible" and he offered the following verse to appeal the father when reading & meditating on Scripture:

"Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law." - Ps. 119:18

and a hymn,

Only You

Take my heart, I Lay it down
At the feet of you whose crowned
Take my life, I’m letting go
I lift it upto You who’s throned

And I will worship You, Lord
Only You, Lord
And I will bow down before You
Only You Lord

Take my fret, take my fear
All I have, I’m leaving here
Be all my hopes, be all my dreams
Be all my delights, be my everything

And It’s just you and me here now
Only you and me here now

You should see the view
When it’s only You

*David Crowder

2 comments:

Been thinking a lot about why I blog, too. Good thoughts. And PS like the new template!

Been working through heart-idols recently myself...believe blogging may be the place to hash that out. Thanks...searched for a while for a good free one & think it's a keeper.