Pheels Like A Phil Wickham Phriday


Whether or not this will be a regular occurrence remains to be seen. But, I am greatly encouraged by the music/lyrics of one Phil Wickham ever since I saw him open for DC*B in 2007. A conversation that I had recently went over reasons why a friend and I had mutual respect/enjoyment over Phil's music.

1.) Lyrics: Theologically sound words that weave together a picture of grace as it sways and breathes. I envision the majesty of the throne room of heaven as angels encircle the Father in his re-rendition of the classic hymn "Holy, Holy, Holy". My heart dances as I hear the Groom (Jesus) & the Bride (church)lavishing praises on each other in Divine Romance. The grace of the Father is brought to life in the words of Grace (2006):

"Grace I call Your name
Oh won't Your smile fall over me
I'm cracked and dry on hands and knees
Oh sweet grace rain down on me I need You grace"

2.) Leads to the Father: A good "worship" leader creates an atmosphere conducive to worshiping the Father (not that you can only worship by a "certain style"). But leaders like Phil are not a distraction or try to be bigger than the song as shown by the Singalong album available last year (according to the website won't be available again until Jan. 2010).

That's enough for fear I'll start focusing more on the person than the Father the person is exalting. So after listening to his new album "Heaven&Earth" (which just came out this past Tuesday (shameless plug)) twice every day (b/c if you pre-ordered, it came w/an acoustic version), I've grown to love it more and more in turn worshiping the Father more and more. Which brings us to the end through a humorous albeit disconcerting event today. After my morning in "Heaven", Jim Belcher's "Deep Church" made up my afternoon until I dropped my ipod which forced me to reset it leaving the last 3hrs of my day media-less, but this next song kept resonating throughout my head the rest of the day. I love it so I'm sharing it.

I'm leaving you with a song first featured on "Singalong" and the studio version is currently on "Heaven&Earth". Feel free to learn the chords or just sing-a-long with Phil (dont' worry this is a safe place...we won't judge your singing ability or the fact that you still use a hairbrush as a microphone).



Because of Your Love

Jesus you endured my pain
Savior you bore all my shame
All because of your love
All because of your love

Maker of the universe
Broken for the sins of the earth
All because of your love
All because of your love

Because of your cross my debt is paid
Because of you blood my sins are washed away
Now all of my life, I freely give
Because of your love, Because of your love I live

Innocent and Holy king
You died to set the captive free
All because of your love
Lord you gave your life for me
So I will give my life for you
All because of your love
All because of your love

Because of your cross my debt is paid
Because of your blood my sins are washed away
Now all of my life I freely give
Because of your love, because your love I live

You did it for me, you did it for love
It's your victory, Jesus you are enough x3

4 comments:

I just added you to my Google Reader so you better keep posting. I really enjoyed your two posts and look forward to hearing more. Oh, and I sing into my coffee travel mug...weird huh?

haha...wouldn't want to be deleted from your google reader twice. Not weird, but explains a lot.

man, whoever that Stephen Branine guy is..........he is one cool guy. Wish I could capture him singing into his coffee travel mug on camera.....I have not had the pleasure of seeing him do that.....yet....;-)

Like the new lookie of your blog.....

Steve and I think you need to come out at Christmas-time for a few days;-)

Sarah, I want to come out there so bad...we'll see. I'm definitely looking up tickets & will keep y'all posted.