He's Always Been Faithful

"If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that"...my brother texted me something similar to this earlier in the week and through continual struggles, doubts, indecisions, and worries that have been creeping into my consciousness this past week God has been faithful to bring this to mind over and over. I don't know the future, and I have no security in what tomorrow will bring (save God's sovereign nature).

I'm grateful how God has used this for me and even allowed me to share this morsel of grace to others. As I wrestle with concerns about tomorrow and provision for today, I'm being graciously comforted by the Holy Spirit that no matter the trial, pain, or test that is all my Hope and Trust. I'm thankful for the help, insight, wisdom, and graciousness of others to listen to my plight and seek to bear my burden in prayer and tangible ways.

I'm overwhelmed by Paul's benediction at the end of his letter to the church in Philippi where he expresses the graciousness of the Father to breed contentment in his heart no matter the circumstance (vs. 11-12), to trust in God as his source of strength in serving others (vs. 13), and to rest the Philippian congregation's assurance in Christ as the provider of their needs (vs. 19).

I was also encouraged by a faithful friend this past week to seek joy in suffering (Rom 5:3-5) which I didn't consider for my situation, but I am truly rejoicing in God's ability to use this momentary trial to stretch and shape me into the person He's make me to be.

I know it is no coincidence when God brings people, initiates conversations, provides poignant reading, and utilizes even my car stereo to remind me of where my trust needs to rest. I was listening to "You Have Always Been Faithful" from SGM and went online to find the lyrics, but came across this song by Sara Groves instead which is an old hymn put with new words, but an unchanging truth that "He's Always Been Faithful".



Morning by morning I wake up to find
the power and comfort of God's hand in mine.
Season by season I watch him amazed, in
awe of the mystery of his perfect ways

All I have need of his hand will provide.
He's always been faithful to me

I can't remember a trial or a pain he did
not recycle to bring me gain. I can't
remember one single regret in serving
God only and trusting his hand

All I have need of his hand will provide.
He's always been faithful to me

This is my anthem, this is my song, the
theme of the stories I've heard for so long.
God has been faithful, he will be again.
His loving compassion, it knows no end.

All I have need of his hand will provide.
He's always been faithful to me

1 comments:

I like how in that little video the first guy highlighted was Dietrich Bonhoeffer. He has a cool name.