Another day off...still brooding

As I thought about writing a new post (which I'm sadly reverting to my old days of keeping "current"), this song came on my itunes through a "random" happening (I quote random b/c nothing is random). It sums up my brooding thoughts today...so glad I've been forgiven (not just once, but continually) and I've been adopted as a child by the God of the universe never to taste the wrath of my just "reward".

"Always Forgiven"

I don’t deserve to be Your servant
And how much less to be Your child
Anger and wrath, sure condemnation
Should be my portion, my just reward
Never have seen it, never will know it
Your lovingkindness enfolds my life

All You have shown me is
Grace, love and mercy
Now and forever I am Your child
Freely You pour out
Your lovingkindness
Father of grace
You welcome me in

All of the sin I have committed
Was placed upon Your righteous Son
And now You see me
Through His perfection
As if I’d never done any wrong
Always forgiven, always accepted
No fear of judgment
Before Your throne

Always Forgiven by Jonathan and Ryan Baird
Sovereign Grace Worship

I say this isn't a random occurrence as well b/c I just started Ephesians today, and if you're family with vs. 1-14 then you know this fit more perfect than I could have planned. And as I look at the snow covering everything in a blanket of pure white (not so pure in some spots...this is the city), I'm reminded of that forgiveness "which he lavished upon us...to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth." Powerful...powerful stuff, and how can I not reflect on it.


The view from my Arrott Suite...and still coming down. Glad I got to spend a portion of my day watching the snow fall while I drank tea and meditated...very profitable day off.

And just for fun...your *moment* of *common grace*

0 comments: