And soon it begins....the 2006-07 season


This pic I took the other day reminded me of how busy my life is about to get in a couple weeks. Basketball season is starting up at the end of October until the end of March...crazy, but I love it. I hope to be updating as the season & school year continues. We've got a good core group of guys from last year, and we even added a little depth as well with a couple new students. I'm excited truly to see what God is going to do through them not only athletically, but in refining their character as men. They have great potential and an earnest desire to play which is good, but they lack that killer instinct at times in finishing strong. Coach is instituting a sheet for parents & athletes to sign that would keep them accountable for things such as showing respect to coaches and officials, showing up on time, dressing well, not commenting on lack of playing time, etc. An awesome idea, and one I wish we would have had last year because it would have curbed some headaches. So, as we look at this new basketball season 2006-2007, as I draw up plans for our full-court & 3/4 court presses...I remember those nice long afternoons at home like today which I will not see for about 5 months and gladly part with them.

6 comments:

You didn't take that picture. You simply scanned in the cover of Hoosiers into your computer. Sorry your afternoon naps and long walks on the beach have to go away for now, but it's for a better cause.

Nate!

Glad to find you in the blogging world! Now comes the trouble of finding the time to update it regularly! Glad to hear you're doing well! Good work with the basketball team!

Jen (Monroe) Schmidt

you can plan all you want but prepare to be blown away by concord christian academy!!! :)

I get no love whatsoever. To Stephen & Sarah, yeh, I did take the picture. To Ken & Barbie (not sure what thats all about), good to hear from you & I'm working on updating...when I find time & actually have something interesting to say. To Jen & Mark, do we even play you guys this year? And if we do...bring it! And afterwards, we'll meet in the parking lot

yes you do! we'll be looking forward to the meeting and by the way!! happy birthday! its my sister steph's birthday today too!

I heard it was your birthday... I was gonna send you a pen, but I don't think you would want it. (Don't be mad!) Hope you had a GREAT day! :-)