A Restful Weekend

I can't say it enough...I love, love, love Sundays. Yesterday was no exception, & the sermon was poignant and appropriate. Continuing on the Psalms of Ascent series w/Ps. 122 entitled "We should delight in gathering down here until we gather up there". As the Psalmist describes his joy in coming to the temple in Jerusalem, we should delight in gathering as a body b/c we meet with God, give thanks in receiving from God, and build up each other.

Good encouragement as we met in small groups afterward to reflect on the Word & pursue building one another up. Battling pride through focusing on what God has done not in what he hasn't given us & owning our pride as sin.

The pic is from afterward...continuing with rest & according to John Eldridge in our male pursuit to have a "battle to fight/adventure to live" (sorry no beauty's to rescue in this one), we wasted away the afternoon in COD: Modern Warfare 2 revelry...I may be terrible at it, but enjoy the camaraderie.



I know using a camera phone is not the first choice especially when trying to journal w/photos...but I like to think I'm starting a trend (at least until I fix my camera).

P.S. Don't worry no children were neglected in the taking of this picture...she's a big COD fan too.

3 comments:

She's just patiently waiting for her turn!

thanks for great informations It's a wonderful

i am professional visual artist, maybe you would like to use some of my images? i think it would be nice and fit on your site :-)
absolutely like your blog! write me a e-mail please in case you want to colaborate