Sabbath Hopes

I'm notoriously lazy on Sundays. Rarely do I ponder or reflect before a service. Sometimes I'll read, but my heart is not often bent toward the Spirit afterward. It's been a while since I've really chewed on and meditated on the Word before a Sunday worship service.

I was looking forward to two services at Grace for several reasons. God's growing and shaping the body, bringing people to Himself, and two services opens up opportunities to reach even more people with the gospel on a Sunday morning. Also, I was looking forward to more visitors coming especially at the later service...one of the main reasons I chose to start going to this service.

Knowing the procrastinating tendency of my heart, I knew an 11:30 start time would probably get me focused on the Savior, heart on the word and others, and affections bent toward service. Well, today's the first day of that and hopefully that'll be true.

So I'm hoping in God to be God today. To comfort, encourage, strengthen, convict, forgive, rejuvenate, and break through me to make much of Him.

Here's a new one from SGM's new album "Risen". Get it HERE for $5 until April 15th.

0 comments: