There's a Purpose...

"Once you begin to see God's hand in your life, you will know that his workmanship within you and through you was tailor-made, just for you. His design for your life pulls together every thread of your existence into a magnificent work of art. Every thread matters and has a specific purpose." - Ravi Zacharias, from The Grand Weaver

My present circumstance is part of God's design to test not tempt, glorify not guilt, strengthen not weaken, sanctify not sin, commune with not abandon, praise not doubt, find joy in suffering not wallow in self-pity...God, help me to see your working something out later...and now!

There's a reason for the feelings of hurt, pain, rejection, abandonment, humiliation, loss, filth, heaviness, despair...help me to see you're a "refuge...and an ever-present help in trouble" (Ps. 46:1; NIV). Though my mind wanders and my heart continues to break, help me to see you as alive and present to help. I don't know why things happen the way they do, but I know you are the high fortress to run to in distress.

I get a card the other day. I appreciate it...it's sweet, but is there something else to it? Most likely not, but sadly my feeble mind still contemplates the "what might have been". Grand design...greater purpose...created in Christ Jesus...finishing a great work...THERE IS A PURPOSE for loss...still learning to say goodbye. Praying truly for her this morning with no ulterior motives of reconciliation...God this already shows that you're greater than my circumstances. You will continue to grow & strengthen beyond what I think is possible!

0 comments: